Thursday, November 19, 2009

Friday

Friday @11.30am

She: Why didn’t you give a morning call?

Me: Baby I thought you must be sleeping.

She: Hmmm… So what’s the plan for the weekend?

Me: Oh!! Weekend right!

She: Great! So no plans so far! I hate you.

Me: Okay what is in your mind? Let’s plan up something.

She: Up hills somewhere... anywhere! No more ggn.

Me: Wow!!!

She: Remember I have weekend from Friday night onwards.

Me: I got it!

Friday @2.30pm

I’ve gone through all possible options. Nearest hill station would mean a minimum 1500km drive to and fro. That would mean we are just travelling and travelling, touching the up hills and then travelling back. That won’t work!

Anyways I am at a remote place, not possible to reach ggn before Sat morning, which implies Friday night already gone. Her weekend starts from Friday night onwards. That won’t work!

Travel agents. They are wonderful people. They suggest where to go, manage trips and make easy money. I called up several of them. Not possible/all Volvos booked already/no drivers available/please do not go was all I heard. That won’t work!

Friday @4.30pm

Me: Baby it seems impossible to plan for an up hill trip now.

She: I want to go to Leh Laddak or Auli or Alps.

Me: That would be like wasting the place. We do not have enough time.

She: What is the option than?

Me: Rishikesh! Let’s go there. A complete chill out trip. We’ll do camping.

She: Sounds good!! Plan it now.

Me: Alrighty babes. Do you have some contacts there?

She: Its Friday here. I am in office. Start respecting the fact that I am working.

Me: I got it!

Friday @5.00pm

She sends an SMS, says ‘Camp Wild River, Rishikesh’

Google and Vodafone helped me to contact those people. They have their wonderful resort at about 27kms from Rishikesh. It is at the bank of Ganga and they shall provide you lavish tents to stay at night. Or at least the pictures at their web site say so.

Alright now! We can stay there. Now we need to reach there. All the Volvos are done already. Train seems to be the option.

Me: Baby the resort has been booked. We need to travel via train.

She: Are you kidding me? Who goes with a train on a chill out trip?

Me: Right!!

She: Did you try calling the guy Bhagirath?

Me: Bhagi who?

She: See you don’t even care to read my SMS carefully. Now call him up.

Me: Right away!!

Bhagirath gives you rental car at cheep rates. He is reliable, economic and marwadi. Basically he is the man, he is the transportor.

I took the night train to reach Delhi @4.00am. The train is late by 1hour and so am I.

We had a plan to start at 6.00am which can not be accomplished now.

No comments:

Post a Comment